Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sample Society Box- October

 
Here it is, the October Sample Society Box:

Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm- I have never heard of this brand before and I had no idea what this product even was. There was no information on this tiny little tube or on the info card in the box. I looked it up on the sample society website and found it is a sample of a $250 cream that is good for scars, wounds, burns, and dry skin. I am applying this to a scar on my shin I got last year. I have been using it for a week and have not noticed any difference in appearance....however my dog likes the way it smells/tastes and keeps trying to lick it off.
Aromachrology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum-  This is the largest perfume sample I have received yet from any of my boxes and this bottle retails at $100. It has notes of white tea, bergamot, green tea, cardamom, lemon balm and precious woods. It really reminds me of a man. A really clean, well dressed, well groomed man. If I smelled this on a man, it would smell amazing. If I smelled this on a woman, I might think she was into wearing men's cologne.







Jane Iredale Tantasia- Since I tan in a tanning bed (save the lectures) I am pretty against using fake tanning sprays/towelettes/creams. I don't know why, it is just a personal thing, and when I tried them a few years ago it looked horribly unnatural. This cream claims to build a tan over  days, be streak-free, and provide instant healthy looking color.


Kate Somerville ExfoliKate- This stuff was green and it kind of smelled like cinnamon. It says to rub on in a circular motion for 30 seconds and then let sit on the face for at least 2 minutes. My face felt really soft and fresh afterwards but it was not tight or squeaky so I know it didn't dry me out. It is supposed to reduce black heads and polish skin....and in case of emergency I bet it will polish off that fake tanner too! I think I will be purchasing this with the $15 off coupon :)


Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Conditioner- So the directions say to use this right after the shampoo to go with it....but Sample Society did not include the shampoo! That's disappointing. Other boxes have included the travel set for both shampoo and conditioner. It does have a nice lemon verbena fragrance and while it did not make my hair feel soft, I could see that it did have a little more volume when I dried it. I can only help but wonder if it would have been more noticeable if it was paired with the shampoo though...


And there it is! I think my favorite item from this month was the ExfoliKate. Nothing like a good exfoliant with a pleasant smell :)

Until next month!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment